Sabaii Bay Resort
Sabaii Bay Resort is another classic Baan Tai Resort. The resort is under Thai / Swedish management and has good quality A/C bungalows and rooms as well as a few cheaper fan bungalows. There is an impressive swimming pool, bar and restaurant serving up fresh seafood, Thai food and Western standards.
The staff are friendly and provide a range of services including Thai massage, laundry service and kayak hire. The resort has lots of good reviews. In 2013 Sabaii Bay Resort earned a certificate of excellence from Trip Advisor. The name 'Sabaii' means 'relax' in Thai and that is the aim of this resort - to let its guests relax.
There are a number of bungalows and rooms available to rent at the resort. They are as follows:
- Bungalow poolside fan have hot water shower, wifi, sea views and mosquito net.
- A/C bungalow beachfront has air-con, hot water shower and small garden on the beach.
- Deluxe bungalow poolside has A/C, hot water shower and balcony. Sealed unit so mosquito net is not necessary.
- Deluxe bungalow poolside 4 person. This bungalow type has A/C, hot water shower, free wifi, a double bed and 2 single beds.
- Family bungalow has 2 rooms and can sleep 5 people. It is A/C and has hot water shower and private balcony. Furnishings include marble surfaces.
- Standard bungalow comes with double bed, 2 double beds or 1 double bed plus 2 singles. All are air-con with hot water shower.
- Deluxe bungalow has A/C, hot water, satellite TV and private bungalow.
- Deluxe hotel room has A/C, satellite TV, fridge and safe. The decor is a futuristic blue.
All the rooms have free wifi. They are kept in good condition and are cleaned regularly. Linen and towels are provided. Reduced prices are available for those staying longer. These need to be negotiated face-to-face rather than via email.
Sabaii Bay Resort offers free transfers between the pier in Thongsala and the resort.
Sabaii Bay Resort has a beachfront pool with decking area with sun loungers. There is also a restaurant on the beach that serves good Thai food. They show movies in the evening.
At the reception they can sort out tickets for guests as well as diving, snorkeling, island tours, fishing trips, taxis, laundry service and vehicle hire.
Thai massage is also available.
This resort is very much geared towards the full moon crowd. There is a long bar on the beach, pool parties, pre-full moon parties and organised transfers to and from the party.