Hacienda Resort and Beachclub
Hacieda Resort and Beachclub was formerly Weangthai Resort. It now has English management and focuses on its customers. There is a good range of accommodation options that includes luxury bungalows and budget beach dorm. It has a great pool, restaurant and bar area. And it organises events and drinks deals during party periods.
Reviews of Hacienda Resort and Beachclub make bad reading for the owners. It seems the Full Moon Package is not good value, some of the staff are not good and some of the accommodation is not up to scratch. And don't let them keep your passport.
Update - 1 year on and the reviews of Hacienda Resort and Beachclub just get worse. Along with that they have put up prices for 2017!
There are 8 accommodation options at Hacienda Resort and Beachclub. They are:
- Beach dorm - a large two storey building on the beachfront with dorm beds, beachview veranda and hot water shower. Prices from 300 to 1,800 THB.
- Budget fan - wooden bungalow in garden near beach. Fan and hot shower. Prices from 500 to 1,700 THB.
- Standard fan - concrete bungalow with better furnishings, hot water shower, mini bar and fan. Prices from 700 to 2,000 THB.
- Superior fan - same as standard fan but bigger with cable TV. Prices from 800 to 2,000 THB.
- Standard A/C- pool view room with hot water shower, cable TV and air-con. Prices from 900 to 3,100 THB.
- Superior A/C - second floor room with pool and seaview from private balcony. Also A/C, hot water shower, mini bar and cable TV. Prices from 1,000 to 2,800 THB.
- Deluxe A/C - Large air-con bungalow 2 meters from beach with private balcony, air-con, hot water shower, cable TV and mini bar. Prices from 1,300 to 4,100 THB.
- Garden deluxe A/C - Large air-con bungalow 20 meters from beach with private balcony, air-con, hot water shower, cable TV and mini bar. Prices from 1,500 to 4,900 THB.
During the Full Moon Party the resort has a coupon system that lets you buy 1 cocktail and get 1 free.
Hacienda Resort and Beachclub has a good range of amenities and facilities. These are also available to people staying at Hacienda Backpackers (100 meters behind the resort). For this reason during the Full Moon and other parties it can get noisy around the pool area as people enjoy dance music and cocktail specials.
The resort has a large pool with pool bar. There is also a large restaurant that serves both Thai and Western food. For those looking to get a workout there is a fitness gym. Other facilities include laundry service, wifi zone, pool table, travel office and vehicle hire. They have a coupon system to get discounted food. There is also a discount for those who book a dive course or fun dive. Lessons are given by the nearby Phangan International Diving School
Finally, if you contact the resort before you arrive they will come and pick you up from the pier for free.