Da Kanda Villa Beach Resort
Da Kanda Villa Beach Resort is one of the biggest resorts in Baan Tai; it has 52 villas and rooms for rent. They all have air-con and hot water, mini bar, cable TV and safety box.
The resort is beachfront. The restaurant and a few bungalows take up the beach frontage. Facilities include swimming pool, free cots for children, free pick up on arrival, wifi and Thai massage.
Da Kanda is a safe bet in the sense that it has numerous reviews and comes out with mostly good ratings on Booking.com and Trip Advisor. Of course staff change, people's expectations are different etc.
There is a range of accommodation options to choose from:
- Standard double room (30 sq.meters) has A/C, hot water shower, cable TV and small private terrace with table and chairs.
- Villa (46 sq. meters) has 1 double bed and 1 single bed as well as A/C, hot water, cable TV, safe, mini bar and balcony.
- Deluxe cottage (35 sq. meters) has 1 double bed, A/C, mini bar, cable TV, lounge area and private balcony
- Supreme deluxe cottage (64 sq. meters) has 1 double bed, A/C, mini bar, cable TV, DVD player and safe. There is also a deluxe bathroom with separate bathtub.
- Beachfront villa (60 sq. meters) has seaviews, A/C, hot water, cable TV, DVD player, tea and coffee maker, lounge area, safe and outdoor seating.
Because they have plenty of accommodation, Da Kanda Villa Beach Resort is always worth checking out if you are having difficulty booking a place online during peak times such as the Full Moon Party and New Year's Eve.
Child Policy, Transfers and Promotion
Children 4 to 7 years old sharing with parents are charged a compulsory breakfast of 100 THB a day.
Da Kanda Villa Beach Resort will meet you at the pier with a free taxi when you arrive.
Da Kanda Villa Beach Resort provides good facilities for all its rooms - air-con, hot water shower, safe and cable TV. The more expensive rooms have DVD player, sofa and tea and coffee maker.
The resort has a large beachfront restaurant and bar selling a wide range of food and drink. There is a medium sized swimming pool. The resort also provide free cots for children (but not free stay - see above).
Wifi is free throughout the resort, but don't expect fast speeds. There is also a laundry service, Thai Massage on request and car and bike hire.